Please see below to the answers of our most common questions. If you would don't see your question listed or would like more information or clarification on any of the topics below, please don't hesitate to contact us.
When are the garage sales held this year?
The "Waunakee Garage Sale Days" are held annually each spring during Mother's Day weekend. In 2020 they will be held on Thursday, Friday and Saturday: May 7, 8 and 9. The Village of Waunakee has both a spring and fall garage sale weekend each year. The fall garage sale weekend is held the Thursday, Friday and Saturday after Labor Day. There is no Garage Sale Map produced for the fall sales.
What is the Garage Sale Map?
The Waunakee Garage Sale Map is a 48 page booklet that contains listings of all of the participating sales by neighborhood, and ads for those businesses who are supporting this event, many offering special weekend deals for shoppers. The centerfold of the booklet is a full page spread of a map of the Village of Waunakee which is color coded with its many neighborhoods to make shopping easier. The cover is donated by John Sargent, a former resident and postmaster. Each year's cover highlights a local landmark in Waunakee. There are 5000 copies printed each year and distributed through local businesses.
Is there a charge for the Garage Sale Map?
No, the map booklets are distributed for free thanks to all those individuals and businesses who purchase ads. Their participation covers the cost of producing the map and allows us to freely distribute to local shoppers.
Where and when can I get a copy of the Map?
The Waunakee Garage Sale Map is only distributed through those local businesses who advertise in it and make it possible for us to provide it. Look for "Maps Here" yard or window signs indicating that Maps are available. Maps will be available starting on the Wednesday night prior to the event and through the duration.
In 2019, the map booklets will be initially distributed on the night prior to the event on Wednesday, May 6th between 5-6PM.
What are some common ways to list or abbreviate clothing sizes?
Clothing sizes are typically listed after the type of clothes either in parenthesis, with a dash in between size ranges or with sizes separated using a comma. Examples would be: Women’s (12P) | Boys’ 3-6 Yrs | Girls’ 18M-4T | Boy/Girl Twins NB-6M | Girls’ 14 - JR 3/4, Men’s M, XLT |
Common abbreviations for sizes are: “NB or O” Newborn, “T” Toddler, “M” Month, “Yrs” Years, “Jrs OR JR” for Teen or Junior Sizes, “W” Wide or Waist if talking shoes or pants in men’s sizes, “P” Petite, “S” Small, “M” Medium, “L” Large, “XL” Extra Large, and other regular sizes such as “2X, 3X” or XLT for extra-large tall clothing.
What are some actual prior ad samples?
Please see below for a few actual Garage Sale Ads that have previously been run in the Waunakee Garage Sale Map. If you have a question or need help please contact us for ideas and suggestions.
1) Huge Sale! Brand-Name Clothes: Boys’ 10-16, Women’s L-XL, Girls’ 6M-3T, Men’s 42W and 2X. Shoes: Boys’ 6-9, Girls’ 5-8, Women’s 10-11W, Lvg Rm Furniture, Skylanders, Wicker Patio Set, Vintage Antiques
2) Quad Stroller, Mower, Clothes: Men’s 2x, Kids 4-6Yrs, Women’s 0-2P, Seasonal Décor, XLT Bedding, Beanbag Chair, Moped, Jewelry, Electronics
3) Multi-Family Sale, Infant (All), Boys’ (4-6), Men’s 42-44W, Toddler Bed, Infant & Nursing Accessories, Step2 Toys, Strollers, Disney, American Girl, Dressers, Tables, Lamps & MORE!
4) Men’s Garage Sale: Hunting Coats (XL) & Boots (11), Tools, Industrial Drills, Subwoofer & Surround Sound Speakers, Ice Fishing Tent, Archery Targets, Decoys
5) Boys’ Clothing NB thru 14, Toys, Books, Dog Crate, Housewares, Games, Puzzles, Sports Equip, Children’s Drum Kit, Holiday, Area Rugs, Furniture
6) Everything Baby, Maternity, NB-4T Boys/Girls